bildwelt
E2E FORUM
E2E Bridge E2E Commerce

UBL format

E2E Forum General Discussion UBL format

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lucas 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Timothy
    Participant

For a possible new Navision add-on for e-invoicing the preferred interface format is UBL.
    Does E2E has experience with this format.
    Are there perhaps templates available or other pre-configured settings?

Dirk

Hi Timothy,

I had a quick look, and it seems that XSDs are freely available for all UBL types (for UBL version 2.1 you can find them here: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/xsd). So the easiest way will be to import the required XSDs into an E2E model. Just make sure you import the UBL version expected/used by your Navision installation. I am not aware of any project in E2E that uses UBL right now.

Hope this helps,
    Dirk

Lucas

Hi Timothy

The UBL standard seems to be very well documented: http://ubl.xml.org/ (like Dirk has already pointed out).
    There are many different schemas and samples available and free for download and usage.

I have quickly tested to read an invoice file in xml format.
    Therefore, I have imported the invoice schema from XSD into a Bridge test project.
    All dependencies have been resolved properly and the file was read successfully. All elements are available.

So, we can process UBL from a technical point of view (XML based).
    From the functional side, it looks not very different compared to other standards for business documents.
    We could gather the mappings from/to the source/target format together in some workshops.

Just let me know if you need any additional information.
    We could also test with actual data, if you already have sample files available.
    I can also provide you the test project for the invoice processing.

Best regards,
    Lucas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.