bildwelt
E2E FORUM
E2E Bridge E2E Commerce

Pitfalls

E2E Forum User Interfaces Pitfalls

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christof 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Marcel R.
    Blocked

Our Ajax UIs are by default asynchronously. That is, rendering the page or executing scripts does not stop when calling a service to get some data. Most of the time this is very useful but it might sometimes be very confusing as well our support cases show again and again.

For example, assume a service is called in a script (serviceCallByScript=true) and the service call binds its output to a controller attribute. Right after the call we want to use this attribute and wonder why it’s undefined. If isAsynchronous is true – which happens to be the default value – the reason might be that the service call didn’t return yet. This problem might be solved by just setting isAsynchronous to false (for more details see http://wiki.e2e.ch/E2EDOC/Service+Calls).

Does anybody know other pitfalls we should be aware of?

Christof
    Blocked

I stumbled over a pitfall that cost me some valuable time during a proof of concept:

Scenario:
    A comma-separated file is processed within the E2E Bridge. If any error happens during validation or processing, an operator may edit the file within an E2E User Interface.

Solution:
    The full file content is displayed in a text area. The operator can edit and submit the content.

Pitfall:
    When submitting, the browser removes any linefeeds in the file – the content arriving on server side is all in one single line, thus the flat file adapter has troubles parsing it into a useful structure.

Solution (proposed by Marcel – thanks again):
    Preprocess the text area content before submission using JavaScript – replace linefeeds by a special string (in my case “EOL”):
    this.editedPayload = $("#ID::textArea").val().replace(/r?n|r/g,"EOL");
    Postprocess the content before feeding the flatfile adapter using an ActionScript:
    local lineFeedsRedone= editedPayload.replace("EOL", text("n"));

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.