bildwelt
E2E FORUM
E2E Bridge E2E Commerce

E2E Developer News 2017 | 4

E2E Forum News E2E Developer News 2017 | 4

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kirstin 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kirstin
    Keymaster

To all our customers having concluded to Support and Maintenance Services, we kindly announce that, as of now, we are introducing an E2E BRIDGE release cycle.

Each BRIDGE major release will have an active phase and a maintenance phase assigned.

E2E BRIDGE Release Cycle

The E2E BRIDGE Release Phases in Detail

The Active BRIDGE Release Phase

In its active phase, the E2E BRIDGE release will be refined. Via regular updates, you will receive improvements and bug fixes. We guarantee that all deployed xUML services will work without the need to modify or recompile the services. If a customer has a critical issue, we will asap deliver a patch.
    We will release approximately 2-4 minor versions a year.

The active phase of a BRIDGE release will last about 4 years, for BRIDGE 6.0 the active phase will be 7 years.

The Maintenance BRIDGE Release Phase

In maintenance phase, you will continue to get bug fixes. New features and improvements will be implemented to the latest BRIDGE version, however.
    The maintenance phase of a BRIDGE release will last about 3 years.

Because the active phase for BRIDGE 6.0 lasts 7 years, the maintenance phase of this release will only be 18 months.

Release Phase Timetable

For our active releases, we have defined the phases as follows:

ReleaseRelease DateEnd of
    Active Phase
    End of
    Maintenance Phase
    5.1201131.12.2018n/a

To our customers who are using BRIDGE 5.1: Please note, that this version is reaching its end of active/maintenance phase end of next year and will not be supported anymore after that date.
    The affected customers will be contacted by our support.

The exact end of phase dates for E2E BRIDGE 7.0 will be communicated on release of this version next year.

What if …

… my BRIDGE version reaches the end of its maintenance phase

In case your BRIDGE version reaches the end of its maintenance phase, you will not get any bug fixes nor support anymore. You need to upgrade your BRIDGE to the next or a higher version which is in active or at least maintenance phase.

… I want to use a feature that has been implemented to a higher BRIDGE version

If you want to use a feature that has been implemented to a higher BRIDGE version, you need to upgrade your BRIDGE to at least that version.

… I want to install the E2E BRIDGE on an operating system that is not yet supported

Generally, new operating system will be supported in new BRIDGE releases only. In this case, you need to wait for a BRIDGE release that supports the operating system in question and then upgrade to this version.

… my Software Maintenance Services are running out and I am not extending it

Customers without a Software Maintenance Services are excluded from the BRIDGE release cycle. They do not receive any updates nor support.

Please feel free to contact our support, if you have any questions!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.