bildwelt
E2E FORUM
E2E Bridge E2E Commerce

Controller values returned by a service

E2E Forum User Interfaces Controller values returned by a service

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marcel R. 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

django

I have following script:
    service.sendRejectionData();
    if (this.sendPanelOk == true) {
    var ev = $.Event(“documentOK”);
    The Problem with it is that the this.sendPanelOk is returned by the sendRejectionData(), but still after that it’s always null, so i have no way to see if the service worked correctly. Or is there a way to find out if an error was thrown within the service? The Service is called by Script and Asynchronous is false.

Marcel R.
    Blocked

Does it work, if no error occurs? (While developing you should see errors for example in Firebug)
    Did you define an error handler? (see http://docu.e2ebridge.com/Catching+AJAX+Errors)
    Generally speaking, if properties are set by a service, try to be very defensiv, e.g.:

if (this.sendPanelOk && this.sendPanelOk == true) {

django

The problem is, there is no error, and the service would return true (i see that in analyzer) the binding seems correct too, and the value is still null, i need this to ensure that the window remains open if there is an error.

Cyril

The problem is probably that the service is called asynchronously and when the if is done it didn’t return yet. Try to set this service call synchronous.

django

we were able to solve the issue with Marcel’s help, the problem was that there was a use binding to another variable in the controller that used the same source variable in the output and it seems that the runtime binds only one of the values.

Marcel R.
    Blocked

The root cause of all this troubles was that the response message attribute was bound to two different controller attributes. The second binding overrode the first one. This is actually a bug because there shouldn’t be problem to bind two controller attributes to the same output message attribute – though I cannot imaging why this should make sense. However, the situation was very confusing because the second erronous binding wasn’t displayed in the mapping diagram.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.