bildwelt
E2E FORUM
E2E Bridge E2E Commerce

automated testing

E2E Forum Modeling & Development automated testing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul B. Cahill 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Paul B. Cahill
    Participant

Hi Team,

Is it possible to insert assertions to test the results of a test for expected results? This is the basis for test based development. I’d like to be able to modify the model and retest the entire application and see where it breaks. I see you can mock out the back end. Is there a way to test for expected results?

Perhaps I’m missing a piece of documentation as it looks like it’s not possible to do a negative or positive assertion based test.

Regards,

Paul

Kirstin
    Keymaster

This can be done using our Regression Test Tool which is part of the E2E Analyzer, Paul.
    Please have a look at the Analyzer User’s Guide: http://docu.e2ebridge.com/How+to+perform+Regression+Tests.

Regards,
    Kirstin

Paul B. Cahill
    Participant

Hi Kirstin,

Many thanks for this. This counts as my first obvious (dumb) question. The product documentation is quite extensive however it was some time ago that I ran Lesson 3 and I did not spend enough time in the analyser section (which at the tail end of Lesson 3).

I opened the E2E Analyser just before I checked your forum and noticed the regression tester that allows compares/does not compares regression testing and some advanced options that look quite comprehensive and allow users to ignore particular tests and insert some preprocessors using XSLT.

I will review through Lesson 3 that gives a walk through of the Analyser in action and re-contact you if I still have some questions however the lesson appears very thorough.

Regards,

Paul Cahill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.