bildwelt
E2E FORUM
E2E Bridge E2E Commerce

Reply To: access a stored procedure in a different schema (Oracle)

E2E Forum General Discussion access a stored procedure in a different schema (Oracle) Reply To: access a stored procedure in a different schema (Oracle)

Ingo
Participant

Hi Dirk,

the problem is I need to use several procedures from several Schemas, and I want to avoid having an extra Connection for each one. Not only would this be wasteful and harder to configure and manage, but it also asking for trouble with the Transactions. Consider, doing A, then B, then C, then ROLLBACK on a single connection is different from doing A on connection1, B on connection2, C on connection1 and ROLLBACK on connection1. Moreover, step B on connection2 would not see the same state of the DB (namely, changes made but not yet committed by A would be missing) as B on connection1. So, no, this would result in a big mess with either data races or deadlocks.

The easiest work-around would be to create synonyms in the Schema I use, but, alas, the DB admins tell me this is “verboten” (period!).

Another work-around I’m successful with so far is to “ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = …” before every SQL Action.

But thank you for the tip, I’ll check if I can alter the Name and Report it here.