I found a solution. It worked with the test model you send us.
I added UseAPI=ODBC to the tag options of <<SQLAlias>>.
With this option you change the SQL Server client library from OLEDB to ODBC.
My own explanations in this thread were not completely correct.
The default client library in SQLAPI changed but the xUML Runtime set it explicit to UseAPI=OLEDB because we had issues with some SQL Server types.
Tests with SQL Server types TEXT, NVARCHAR(max) and UNIQUEIDENTIFIER failed with error
HY104 [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Invalid precision value
A modeler still can override the default.